POSCO ICT is leading the 4th industrial revolution that improves industrial competitiveness by applying smart technology, such as IoT, big data, and artificial intelligence, to various domain areas.
Sensing ( IoT, Connected )
- Connecting everything to the network using IoT technology
- All subjects in the world exchange data (person to person, thing to thing)
- Providing the infrastructure system for data convergence instead of simple information connection
Analyze ( Big Data, Data-driven )
- Analyzing and forecasting future phenomenon based on big data
- Creating new value by finding hidden patterns in a wide range of data
- Identifying invisible waste factors by analyzing the entire process (associating the context)
Control ( AI, Intelligent )
- Optimizing the system operation method and controlling the system automatically using artificial intelligence
- Forecasting the process by itself and setting up the optimal operation method without human intervention
- Controlling the system under optimum conditions by forecasting various conditions such as the system and facility
POSCO ICT is making efforts to promote smart business such as smart factory, smart building & city, and smart energy by integrating advanced ICT with the existing industry area such as factory, city, and building and to develop a new solution called “Smart X.”
As the smart industry standard platform of the POSCO Group, 'PosFrame' collects and analyzes various field data in real time and applies the optimal system operation method using artificial intelligence.
Real-time collection/analysis of sensor and facility data
- Collection and analysis of formal/informal and micro/macro data
- Providing a development environment for IoT/big data/artificial intelligence
Large-scale data storage and management efficiency enhancement
- Standardizing the micro data of the entire manufacturing process
- Easy data analysis by establishing the standard storage system
Providing easy and fast analysis tools for field workers
- Developing an automatic extraction/analysis function to analyze the manufacturing data
- Utilizing expert’s know-how as knowledge, providing tools
POSCO ICT collects and analyzes manufacturing site data in real time and supports optimal control using artificial intelligence. Through these activities, POSCO ICT solves the problems of the manufacturing site by improving the management level of manufacturing, quality, facility, energy, and safety and maximizing manufacturing efficiency.
- The smart sensor is installed in the major facility of the steelworks -- which consist of massive equipment -- to monitor and analyze the data in real time, so that a stable manufacturing environment can be supported by forecasting the operation situation.
- Quality defect factors are identified in advance by analyzing the manufacturing data of the entire process in the steel industry, which is composed of a continuous process from raw materials to finished product; the process is controlled in such a way that a defect of the advance process does not affect the main process.
- For workers’ safety, the smart technology is integrated with existing safety management activities to detect the leak of harmful substances that threaten field workers’ safety in real time.
- The overall production cost can be reduced by monitoring and analyzing the energy consumption status in the industry field and optimizing facility management from the perspective of energy efficiency.
- An optimal manufacturing environment is implemented without human intervention, since artificial intelligence learns the manufacturing environment by itself based on the data collected while manufacturing the product.